Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tank cars on Colorado narrow gauge railroads tended to be of 3 general types:
- A tank mounted on a flat car (Occassionally the tank was the body of a steam locomotve tender)
- A tank mounted on a narrow steel frame
- A tank car with no frame - also called a frameless tank car
Tank cars carried a variety of material including:
- Water for drinking or firefighting
- Crude Oil
- Gasoline, oil or other refined petrolium product
- Asphalt (???)
Tank cars that ran on Colorado narrow gauge railroads were generally not owned by the railroads, but rather by the private company that owned the product shipped in the tank car (the major exception is water cars???)